Nowadays many driver models have the function of adjustable weight or loft angle or face angle.
Today I want to talk about the angle adjustable head (not the weight adjustable head).
To say simply , normal head is 2 pieces structure - head and shaft, whereas , this adjustable head is 4 pieces structure - head , shaft , aluminium piece, and screw. See figure.
But you must be careful about these facts ;
- 1 Head and shaft connection is only depend on one screw strength. If screw or Al piece is broken , you cannot use this function.
- 2 Many of these model's Al piece length or neck length is not enough so easy to happen shaft breakage.
- 3 Al piece is small so it's difficult to change shaft.
- 4 When you adjust bigger loft then automatically become hook face. You cannot adjust like loft bigger and face angle open.
- 5 If you adjust often , you cannot use the grip with rib. Once you adjust angle you must adjust your grip angle also. Its very troublesome (maaffan!).
- 6 Their catalogue show you that you can change ball directions drastically. But even you change lie angle by 2 degrees , its effect is very doubtful. (Change face angle makes mental effects only)
Let say 11 deg loft then change lie angle by 2 degrees , the angle of change direction is only 0.4 degree (by YUJI GOLF TECH BASE). It means 1.4m difference at 200m a head. Do you think its effective?
I think this function of change loft ---> change trajectory height is very effective , but not so effective for direction for normal golfers.